Thursday, May 10, 2012

The new worst part!

I have been taking a Zumba class with my friend Ty for 2 weeks now, and I have learned a lot about myself.  The first thing I learned, I already knew...I am SO out of shape!  Anyway, once one moves past the obveous and moves into the more deeper realms, I learned that I am not very good at rythem, however I am working on that!

One of the biggest things I have noticed is that I look EXACTLY like my mother!  I know they say that if you want to know what your wife will look like in 20 years, look at her mother, but MAN.  Even the way the light reflects off my calves, just like my mom!  I love my mom dearly and realized I was carrying my weight like she does after having H, but I guess it really became reality.  I have always been like my dad in personallity, very controling, STUBBORN, and hard headed...this made my teen years a little rough.  I am the only girl, after 3 boys, so he didn't really know how to handle me.  We learned to deal with each other and have a very good relationship now, but there were lots of growing pains getting there.

I have always said that if I am 1/2 the mother to my kids as my mom was to us, my children will be blessed.  I really do believe that with all my heart, but I didn't know that would include looking like her too:)

Last night I was watching Dance Moms Miami.  I don't actually like the show, but it is a little like a bad train wreck that you just can't peel your eyes away from.  The story line is a reality show about a dance studio of 6-14 year old kids learning to dance on a competition team.  This studio requires the kids to be weighed once a month. This was pretty crazy to me, considering one of the little girls was heavier, but her mom didn't seem to have a problem with it.  The mom who stood up for her daughter and did not require her to step on the scale was right on the money!  Her arguement was that in the day and age where so many girls have eating disorders, she is not putting her daughter on a scale in front of a group of other kids because she does not have a weight problem.  Right on mom!

That being said...I was in Zumba class today, sweating my butt off screaming at myself for letting myself get this way and I thought of those little girls.  I think it is important to have a healthy body image.  As someone who struggles with self confidence, I think it is so important to know how to love yourself and see yourself the way God sees you...I'm not very good at that! 

So, I have always hated my thighs, I think they are manly and have always been too big.  Now I have hips that I didn't have before...one more thing H gave me!  I have embraced my thighs, slightly.  My new worst part is my arms.  We all have them (I learned that in Zumba today).  Even the thinner ladies had saggy arms, also known as lunch lady arms!  I have felt mine are gross and need to go, but haven't done anything about it, so now I am.  I am determined to be healthier and to love my body and God loves me and see the good in it, rather than pick it apart constiently.  This will work!  I am determined, stubborn, and hard headed enough to make it!

Alright, that's enough...more to follow!

2 comments: