Thursday, May 17, 2012

My sweet baby

So I have to say, my kid is pretty cute!  It's funny, everywhere we go, "Awww, she's so cute".  Even when she looks a mess, still, the same response.  I like that she is smiley and wonderful when we are out and about and when she is with other people.  She isn't always that way.  My friend told me yesterday was the first time she has heard H cry, "she's always so happy."  I can tell you, that is not actually true.

She is pretty lazy though.  She was a late crawler, she only has 1 tooth, and she refuses to walk.  Oh well...

I take her to the chiropractor and he was telling me not to compare kids, but let's face it, we all do!  He said "some kids are microwaves and others are crock pots."  I love it...my kid is definitely a crock pot.

She's pretty smart though, knows how to put a cap on things, can remember anything, and holds a grudge like her momma.

I have been discussing matters of the world and have been thinking about what the world may be like for her, when she is my age.  First of all, she will have to think about how to take care of her aging parents.  We won't be super old, but we will be thinking of retiring by then.  She will, hopefully, have finished college with little or no debt because we taught her that.  She will be in the workforce, or a stay at home mom, or a traveler.  She will have to choose to vote, go to church, who to marry, whether to have children, where to live, where to work, go back to school or not, and the list goes on and on.  From huge, life changing choices, to what to make for dinner tonight.

My hope and prayer is that she 1) stays safe! 2) follows Jesus, and 3) knows we are always here when she needs us.

I have been reading more about parenting and active parenting, while I write this Rick is on the floor playing with our dearest one.  One article was talking about actually TALKING to your children.  I know I talk to H a lot and as if she is a normal person, just in a smaller body.  She seems to know that I am talking to her and respond with excitement, most the time.  I know this is important, not only to develop her verbal skills, but also to strengthen and grow the bond between us.  It is very important to me to have a good relationship with her and to know that she feels she can trust me.  I don't want her to feel alone, judged, alienated, or any other isolating adjectives.  I want her to know that mommy works hard for her and longs for her to have everything she has ever dreamed of. 

I know we will have bumps along the way, but I just pray that we can be friends, when she is grown. 

I'm going to stop now so I can go give my little monkey a bath and read her a story before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment