Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

So today is Mother's Day...yay!  I am always the first to say that I am not the best mom, today was no different.

I think I have a delusion of what Mother's Day is actually like, mainly because of the media.  They show commercials with beautiful flowers, nice dinners, jewelry, spa days, and mom sleeping in and relaxing...well, not at the Konish house.

Last year, my first mother's day, I got beautiful flowers from Rick and H.  (I know the flowers I got throughout his deployment were from his mom signing his name, but I know he thought to have her send them).  It was a somewhat relaxing day...I had my gallbladder out the very next day, but it was relaxing none-the-less.

This year, not so much.  I woke up with my very crabby baby 30 mins earlier than we needed to.  My loving husband slept until 10 mins before we had to leave for church.  H cried and screamed almost the whole way to church, as if to say "I hate that you make me do this!"

Church was good.

On the way home, H screaming again, we stopped at Bed, Bath, and Beyond to get new bathroom stuff (we have had ours for 3 years and they are bleached out and yuck).  Rick picked out the colors, I picked out the shower curtain, and I got a new rug for outside the front door.  We got our beloved coffee for the Kurig.

Then, back to the car.  H screaming again, finally she did go to sleep.  We decided to hit up a drive thruon the way home...Big Boys, how nice.  I should have picked McDonald's.  Anyway, we get home and H won't go down for a nap.  Sundays always throw her for a loop because it is completely out of the norm for her.

Finally, she sleeps, I am relaxing on the couch watching Sister Wives (whole different post should be devoted to that!).  Rick goes to lay down.  H gets up and is crabby once more, mom to the rescue.  We go grocery shopping, H and I.  When I get home, Rick wakes up from his nap...after I have carried in all the groceries and put them away.  I start supper feeling unappreciated and sad.  I got a half, Happy Mother's Day baby, through the screen door this morning, no flowers, no card, no jewelry, ugh!

I know my family loves me and they do appreciate me.  I just hate organized holidays!  So, here's to next year :)

1 comment:

  1. In Rick's defense, he's new at this Mother's Day thing :) Hopefully next year is better. I'm pretty sure AJ forgot the last 2 Mother's Days completely. Also, as Halaina gets older, SHE will think it's a big deal, and Daddy won't be able to wiggle out of it :)

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete