Monday, June 25, 2012

The act from the person

Today is the first day of the new quarter for school...this quarter sucks because it is over 4th of July and Labor Day...boo for that, oh, and our vacation to WI!!!

Anyway, a lot has happened since the last post, so I know you are all dying to hear about the ramblings in my head! 

Father's Day weekend I was TERRIBLY sick.  I was in bed from Friday afternoon until I went to work Monday morning.  I was up a little to sit on the couch, well lay on the couch.  And I did take a shower finally on Sunday night.  So, Rick got a crappy father's day of taking care of a very cranky baby and a very sick momma.  They thought I had a kidney infection, I still think I did.  But then they decided it was a UTI, so they put me on different meds. 

I was at work all day Monday, on Tuesday I was feeling much better and my boss came to check on me.  She said she was very surprised that I stayed all day Monday, she fully expected me to go home 1/2 way through the day.  I told her (through somewhat teary eyes) that it was a major accomplishment for me to have made it all day.

So, now I am feeling better.  The reason H was SO crabby was because she sprouted a tooth while I was in bed, and Rick said it was a great Father's day because he got to spend it with his little girl.

Anyway.  I started a new devotional.  This one is pretty core shaking.  It is called 30 days to Taming your Tongue.  I have felt convicted about how I use my words, what I say, the words I say, and all that goes with that.  I have realize I curse WAY too much, I talk about people too much, and I am very quick to judgement...with my words.

Words are harsh.  I was talking with an older man today(getting ready to retire) about bullying in the schools now days.  He said that he remembered when he was in 3rd or 4th grade and he would bully a set of twin boys who were heavy.  (this man stood about 6'2'' and weighed probably over 300 lbs.)  He said he was a skinny thing and would always pick on these boys.  He told me he regretted it now.  You could see it on his face.  He truly was remorseful for what had happen 50 years or more ago.  I think that is so telling.

I know I have picked on people, talked about them behind their back, quietly stewed about them, the whole 9 yards.  I seem to justify myself by thinking they must have done something wrong, they are crazy(my favorite thing to call people), they just don't understand how other's have it worse, and the list goes on.

As I am raising my precious baby girl, I think about how she will be picked on for whatever...probably her crocked teeth.  She will have struggles and heart ache and all that.  I have to see others like that.  I need to see those crazy people as someones son or daughter who needs help.  A child in need of his/her father.  I need to have a heart for them and know that deep down, they are human just like me and I am no better than they are.  I have to separate the people from the actions.

This is quite a feet in my line of work.  I deal with all the bad people, the crazies and those who just can't get it together.  So, my challenge, to myself, is to really separate the people from the action.  Love on the people, pray for them, and deal with the action.  The act does not go to the core of the person.

I need to be a light for myself and others.  I can't continue to run people down.

1 comment:

  1. Sara, God has put a lot on your sweet heart. I will be praying for you as you tackle these huge issues.

    ReplyDelete