Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tomorrow's dinner!

I'm in my head again!!!  I have had a very busy day at work today, worked 9.5 hours, had 3 back to back meetings this afternoon (2 with Colonels), and then came home to my very sick husband!

I have to say, I am very jealous of my husband!  Rick woke up sick this morning and is already better (12 hrs later)...JERK!  I got sick yesterday around lunch time and was still sick after lunch today.  I am feeling better, but still!

I am in my head pretty good today...I am getting ready for another long and semi busy/stressful day at work tomorrow.  That's not even the worst of it.  Rick was taken out of the company (collective group of guys who work together) that he deployed with and was taken back to HHC (Headquarters company).  With that, I changed FRGs (Family Readiness Groups).  This group was were I met my closest friends (who have either moved away or are getting ready to).  Now, I have a new adventure.  Tomorrow I am going to a dinner with these new ladies to welcome the new leader.  The leader is the highest NCO (Non-Commissioned Officer - a fancy way to say the soldiers who are not officers, but are in charge of the soldiers' day-to-day stuff).  So, it is kind of a big deal.

This is what I find to be funny.  I can spend all day talking to high ranking officers, giving them advice, telling them what they should do, having the hard conversations with them, the whole 9 yards, but when it comes to the FRG, I am terrified of the wives.  I think the main issue is that I represent Rick and I want to be sure to do that in the best way possible.  I know that he loves me and that he is so proud of me, so take comfort in that.  I just can't help but think about what I don't have in common with these girls.

So, now my prayer is this...I want to find someone to be my friend.  I know Sarah has left some pretty big shoes to fill, and my neighbor Hana has become a very good friend, but I am hoping to find someone to click with tomorrow night.  I just hate going to things like this alone.  I went to my first Bravo FRG meeting alone, so I should be able to handle this. 

Oh, the best part!  It is at the steak house with the REALLY good rolls!!!!! :)

Anyway, I am going to get out of my head and treat the ladies tomorrow with respect and be myself.  I am not going to be ashamed of being successful at what I do, being a working mom, or leaving my baby at home with her VERY capable daddy.

We are a pretty awesome family, I need to rest on that!

2 comments:

  1. I like your ending :) And is it TX Roadhouse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so did you make any new friends!? PS welcome to HHC. I'm really phasing out of FRG activities because my husband is getting out next year, but we do have some good spouses! Glad to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete