Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Oh the woahs.

Alright, it has been a little bit and there has been much to discuss:
First, I was sick ALL last week.  I was talking to my neighbor and figure I was up about 25 hours between Monday morning and Friday night.  I missed more work that I have ever, other than maternity leave but I don't really count that!

I went to the doctor on Wednesday and she thought I may have a kidney stone.  She told me I did not have a UTI, but would write me a Rx just in case the culture came back saying I had it.  She said she would call by Friday.  So, when she didn't call on Friday, I figured it must have been nothing.  I had a fever of some kind pretty much from Monday to Saturday. 

On Monday morning, the nurse calls me to be sure I know that I need to take all of the meds the dr Rx'ed.  Well that is all fine and dandy considering I haven't even filled the Rx because she didn't tell me I had anything.  By this time, I have actually been feeling better for about two days.  So, do I fill and take the Rx or not?  I have decided to take it, but think it is pretty funny how she let me go five days with nothing and then checked in to ensure I knew to take all the pills I don't have!

Enough of that!!!  This weekend we dedicated our most precious belonging to God.  We promised to raise Halaina in the ways of the Lord so that when she grows up, she will not depart from him.  It was a pretty big deal to me.  I was a little frustrated with Rick playing with her while the pastor was praying and we were standing there in front of 500 people!  But that is Rick and Halaina and that is how they roll.

I was very happy my parents could come down for the event.  They are a hoot.  Halaina has decided her first favorite person in the whole wide world is Daddy, but the second is Grandpa!  It was pretty sweet to see the two of them.  It made my dad's day when Halaina started crying when I tried to take her from him.  Then again, when my mom  did.  So we have a great picture of my dad with Halaina, but no picture with H and my mom.  Oh well, mom and I were only the ones who cared for her!

Anyway, on to something else.  I have been feeling pretty blah lately.  Other than being sick, I have just been in this funk.  Not sure why.  I have a great life, I know that I do.  Maybe that is the trouble.  Maybe if I didn't have such a great life I wouldn't feel so melancholia about it.  I guess I feel like I should be making a bigger impact or doing something great, or something.  I will admit that I really like being accomplished at school, but I feel like I need to be involved with something outside work and school.

This is going to sound very strange to some.  I feel like I need to lead something, and not this dumb organizational day committee at work that I am in charge of!  I just feel like I can make a difference and by just sitting on my couch, I am failing.  I am going to have to figure that out....more to follow on that.

Alright, that is enough words and enough topics, I will stop for tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Look around and see if you can find a MOPS group to join. It's a great nondenominational group for "mothers of preschoolers." I just joined leadership in my group this year. Google it and you can search for a group .near you on the main webpage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto what Becky said. i LOVE MOPS! there's one at stithton at one at First Christian (among a few others). Also I saw a sign that Red Cross is looking for volunteers!

    ReplyDelete